Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies (MARZ) is a Toronto-based VFX studio that's delivering feature-film quality on TV timelines. Having worked on series such as The Umbrella Academy, HBO's Watchmen, The Boys and more, MARZ is looking for a Tracking Artis to join our growing team.
- Creating sets, proxy props and other models based on supplied set data and/or other available survey information
- Include proof of scale in virtual layout setup
- Set up the virtual camera from data sheets and track camera motion
- Matchmove objects/characters to match the action in the live-action plates
- Render track / matchmove wireframes over plates for approval
- Undistort/re-distort plates
- Performs complex matchmove tasks such as camera tracking, character matchmoving (rotoanim), solving lens distortion, deformation matching of surfaces, solving native stereo plates
- Ensures continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character/rig
- Experience using relevant software such as Maya, 3D Equalizer, and Nuke
- 2+ years of production experience in an established VFX facility.
- Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
- Follows direction and takes ownership of tasks – seeks clarity, completes on time, etc
- Collaborates effectively with teammates and Supervisors