Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies (MARZ) is a Toronto-based VFX studio that's delivering feature-film quality on TV timelines. Having worked on series such as The Umbrella Academy, HBO's Watchmen, The Boys and more, MARZ is looking for a Compositing TD to join our growing team.
- Further develop and maintain the existing Compositing pipeline
- Work with the Head of Development, Compositing Supervisor and Lead Compositors to identify areas of improvement and potential automation
- Submit code for, and participate in, code reviews
- Communicate technical issues to IT
- Maintain and support custom tools/templates/scripts
- Help onboard new projects and identify pipeline changes necessary
- Develop new tools to support individual shot production and general workflow.
- Work with other departments, mainly editorial, matte painting and lighting, to find stable and efficient ways of exchanging information and images.
- Identify issues to prioritize for Systems / Pipeline / Vendor response & support where appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years experience as Nuke TD in the Anim/VFX industry
- Experience in proper color management, ACES, and OCIO
- 2-3 years of experience with Python
- Development experience using PySide/PyQt
- C++ experience is a major plus
- Excellent overall knowledge of Nuke
- Strong familiarity with building Nuke Gizmos and tools
- Experience with Linux
- Strong familiarity with Git and collaborative workflows (code review, standards, etc.)
- Knowledge of any/all of Maya/Houdini/Katana a plus
- Good understanding of the entire VFX pipeline from acquisition to the final composite
- Working Knowledge of Shotgun would be an asset.
- A strong team player with good communication skills.